REALTOR Application – 2017
MLS Application Updated 5.25.16
Allied Membership Application
Become a REALTOR® Member of the High Country Association
- You must have a valid North Carolina Real Estate License
- Access to our MLS is either through application with an existing High Country MLS firm or by a new firm joining and paying the MLS initiation fee. All brokers must join both our Association and MLS to gain access to the MLS.
- There are three types of Association membership: Primary, Secondary and Board of Choice
- Primary REALTOR® is if you have never been or are not now an active REALTOR® member.
- Secondary-In-State Member is if you are currently a REALTOR® member with another Association/Board within the State of North Carolina.
- Secondary Out-of-State Member is if you are currently a REALTOR® member of another Association/Board in a state other than North Carolina.
- Board of Choice is if you are currently a REALTOR® member in another Association/MLS and want to declare your primary board as your board of choice.
- If you are joining an existing High Country MLS firm, you must submit your completed application with fees to our office within 30 days of NCREC affiliation with the firm to comply with our by-laws.
- If you have your own firm, and are not a REALTOR® member or are currently a REALTOR® member of another Association/Board, and plan on joining our Association & MLS, every broker in the office must join the Association/MLS. You must submit completed application(s) with fees prior to the application deadline for the upcoming new member orientation.
- Please call us at 828.262.5437 if you have any questions.
Why Become a REALTOR®?
- Membership in the High Country Association of REALTORS® offers opportunities and benefits at the local, state, and national level.
- Not everyone who has a real estate license is a REALTOR®. The term is a registered trademark reserved for members of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NAR).
- NAR is composed of REALTORS® who are involved in residential and commercial real estate as brokers, salespeople, property managers, appraisers, counselors and others engaged in all aspects of the real estate industry.
- Founded in 1908, NAR has grown from its original nucleus of 120 to today’s 720,000 members and is the world’s largest professional association offering numerous Member Benefits.
- The NORTH CAROLINA ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® (NCAR) is North Carolina’s largest and oldest trade association: a professional organization with a solid reputation for service to its members and the public since 1921.